About of the Department
Information Technology (IT) is transforming our world, changing the way of doing business, learning, communicating, and entertaining ourselves. The IT discipline addresses the integration, design, deployment, and management of computing and networking resources and services, as well as the development of technology infrastructures in organizations. The field of IT has applications ranging across the entire economic spectrum. IT specialists solve complex software and hardware problems that require fundamental knowledge and competencies and utilize the processes of needs assessment, technology transfer, and user support.
- The main objective of Information Technology Engineering Program is the upliftment of rural students through technical education. These technocrats should be able to apply basic and contemporary science, engineering and experimentation skills to identify software/hardware problems in the industry and academia and be able to develop practical solutions to them.
- Program to establish practicing professionals in Information Technology, or sustain a life-long career in related areas and to use their skills with a strong base to prepare them for higher learning.
- Program should be able to develop an ability to analyze the requirements, understand the technical specifications, design and provide novel engineering solutions and produce efficient product designs.
- The graduates of Information Technology Engineering Program should have an exposure to emerging cutting edge technologies, adequate training and opportunities to work as teams on multidisciplinary projects with effective communication skills, individual, supportive and leadership qualities and also obtain the tools to successfully identify and adapt to ever changing technologies.
- Program should be able to establish an understanding of professionalism, ethics, public policy and aesthetics that allows them to become good professional Engineers.
- The graduates should be able to gain employment as an IT professional and communicate effectively as an IT professional with users, peers and higher management, and also advance professionally through organized training or self-learning in areas related to computer science and information technology.
To achieve excellent standards of quality education by keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies. To create technical manpower of global standards with capabilities of accepting new challenges in Information Technology.
To provide students with the fundamental knowledge, interdisciplinary problem solving skills, societal and business awareness, and confidence required to excel in their chosen professions and be leaders in a global environment.
PROGRAM OF STUDY
As being affiliated to Anna University, the department of Information Technology in Dhanalakshmi srinivasan Engineering College follows the courses and syllabus agreed by Anna University which focus on and have profound studies over the following topics:
- Object Oriented Programming
- Data Structures
- Database Management Systems
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Operating Systems
- Software Engineering and Quality Assurance
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Computer Networks
- Network Programming and Management
- Cryptography and Network Security
- Visual Programming
- Web Technology
- Middleware Technologies
- Mobile Computing
- Graphics and Multimedia
- XML and Web Services
- Fundamentals of Pervasive Computing
Our students have practical knowledge and experience over the following fields:
Our department has 4 Laboratories
Total number of systems : 140
Servers : 5 (Linux, DHCP, web, Mail, NPTel)
Printers : 6(5-dot matrix,1-color printer)
Visual Studio, SQL Server, Office Suite, .Net, IBM Rational Suite, Macromedia Studio MX 2004, Oracle, MS DOS, Linux7.2
We have the following labs:
- UNIX and RDBMS Lab
- Visual Programming Lab
- Network Programming Lab
- Object Oriented Programming Lab
- Multimedia Lab
- Graphics Lab
- Web Technology Lab
- Software Development Lab
- Component Based Technology Lab
INTERNET FACILITIES FOR STAFF AND STUDENTS
Dedicated computing facility: 140 Systems with Internet Connectivity Wi-Fi facility ( BROVIES,CPLINK,UBNT & ENGINEERS Wireless device ) Configuration
LAN Facility: 100/1000 Mbps
Internet Speed : 16 Mbps
Service Provider : BSNL (16 Mbps), Vodafone (16 Mbps),
- Academic Year 2013-14
- B.E., Aeronautical Engineering
- B.E., Bio-Medical Engineering
- B.E., Computer Science & Engineering
- B.E., Civil Engineering
- B.E., Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.E., Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech., Information Technology
- B.E., Mechanical Engineering
- Academic Year 2015-16
- Academic Year 2014-15
- Academic Year 2013-14
- M.E., CAD / CAM
- M.E., Computer Science & Engineering
- M.E., Communication Systems
- M.E., Embedded Systems & Technologies
- M.E., CSE(with Specialization in Networks)
- M.E., Power Electronics & Drives
- Anti-Ragging Committee
- Library Advisory Committee
- Research and Development Committee
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell
- Women Cell