The centrally air-conditioned library is housed in a carpet area of 7,000 sq.ft. with a seating capacity for about 250 students at one time. Shelved here is an array of about 20,000 volumes of books, periodicals, back volumes and projects. The library subscribes 114 international journals,U8 national journals, 25 technical international magazines, 68 national magazines and stacks 1500 CDs. Students can also read magazines and periodicals from international organizations such as IEEE,ACM & AS:ME societies. The library provides excellent environment for study with convenient access to printed and electronic resources.
Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Engineering College houses a centrally air-conditioned library containing 9196 titles, 27387 volumes of books on a variety of subjects. Many of them are rare & invaluable. The library subscribes to 331 periodicals inclusive of 96 international journals, 132 national journals, 33 international magazines, and 70 National magazines. We have 2903 Non-book Materials. Our library is fully computerized to cater to the needs of the students and faculty members of the college. Most of the library functions such as issue, return, reservation, searching of books have been automated by installing exclusive NIRMALS software. Our library is connected with DELNET (Developing Library Network) New Delhi, through which our students are able to access the records & database of 255 institutions in India and abroad connected to the network.Our digital library has 15 systems with internet connectivity. We have enrolled as a member of Developing Library Network (DELNET), New Delhi; British council Library, Chennai and IEEE (Institution of Electrical & Electronics Engineers), USA.
|Weekdays||8.00 am;8.00 pm|
|Saturdays||8.00 am; 6.00 pm|
|Sundays||10.00 am - 4.00 pm|
|Total Number of Books||43008|
|Total Number of Titles||10040|
|Total Number of Reference books||5200|
|Total Number of books in Book Bank (SC&ST)||294|
|Total Number of Periodicals||331|
|Total Number of Back Volumes||1500|
|Total number of Non-Book Materials||3150|
|Total Number of Journals||228|
|IEEE Online Journals||72|
Our library services are fully automated by using the standard library software package called NIRMALS. The circulation system is fully computerized and circulation is through Barcode System. QS6000 scanner is used for charging and discharging of books. Access to users are provided with Online Public Access Catalogue( OPAC).
Our digital library has 15 systems with internet connectivity. We have enrolled as a member of Developing Library Network(DELNET), New Delhi, British Council Library Online, Chennai, Questia Online Library and IEEE Online.
- Lending book section
- Reference book section
- Text book section
- Book bank section
- Current periodicals section
- Back volume section
- Reprographic section
- Sprawling panoramic campus
- Conducive and stimulating academic ambence
- State-of-the-art laboratories
- Aesthetically architectured permanent building
- Centrally air- conditioned auditoriwn
- Apt education & training for a rewarding career
- Department Associations involved in organizing inter-college, meetings, symposia, seminars, workshops
- High speed internet facility offered through round-a- clock computer lab
- Fully automated administrative office and IVRS
- Human Resource Develpoment Cell
- Personality Development Programme
- MoU with leading industries
- In-plant training
- Industrial Visit
- Dedicated & proficient faculty
- Modem OHP/LCD enabled classrooms
- Audio Visual room
- Digital Library>
- Language Lab
- Spacious in-house accommodation facility for both men & women separately
In tune with the revolutions in the teaching-learning process, we have estalished VIRTUAL CLASSROOMS with Video Conferencing facility, enabled through EDUSAT connectivity from
- Anna University, Chennai
- National Institute of Technical Teachers Training Research, Chennai
- Everonn Systems India Ltd., Chennai
Exclusive classrooms with state-of-the-art infrastructure, facilitating group discussions and related activities are added credits to the campus.
A separate hostel each for boys and girls with all facilities, is available in the campus. They have each a mess, stationery store and a recreation centre
- Hygienic water supply provided by a mineral water plant.
- Effluent wafer treatment plant of 3 lakh litres capacity for gardening.
- Excellent transport facilities accentuated by a fleet of strong sleek looking buses.
- DSEC Alumni Association
- Recreational Facilities
- Mineral Water Plant
- Fine Arts Club
- Sports & Games
- Medical Facility
- National Service Scheme (NSS)
- Youth Red Cross (YRC)
- Red Ribbon Club
- Reprographic Facilities
- SID /ISD Facilities
- Stand-by power supply
- Good Security patrols