Dr.S.Durairaj, M.E., Ph.D., PDF.,
currently, Principal at Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Engineering College (DSEC), Perambalur since 07.08.2017
- Principal, Prof/Dept of EEE, Kings College of Engineering, Tanjore, affiliated to Anna University, Chennai & Approved by AICTE (2013-2017)
- Dean, Centre for Learning Technologies/Director/ Professor & Head, ECE – Kalasalingam University, Srivilliputtur (2009-2013)
- Prof, Dept. of ECE & ICE, Dy.Director - Centre for Speech & Hearing Impaired Programme, Head (i/c) (2006-2009)
- Asso.Prof, Dept of EEE, ICE (1996-2005)
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Queen's UniversityBelfast, N. Ireland, UK (2007-08)
- Ph.D. Madurai Kamaraj University (2006)
- M.E. (PSE), Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai Kamaraj University (1999)
- B.E.(Electrical and Electronics Engineering), Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai (1994)
- Chairman - Dept. Research Committee and Board of Studies - Kalasalingam University
- NBA Expert Committee Member, National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi
- Recognized Supervisor - Anna University, Chennai under the faculty of Electrical Engineering
Awards & Achievements
- BOYSCAST FELLOWSHIP from DST, Govt.of India for the year 2006-2007 for Post-Doctoral Research at Queen's University, Belfast, UK in the area of Renewable Energy Sources
- Young Scientist Fellowship (YSF) for the year 2002 from Tamilnadu State Council for Science and Technology (TNSCST) and awarded Rs.10,000/-with a Certificate Of Excellence and undergone training in Asia Brown Boweri (ABB), Bangalore in the area of Power System Automation.
- International Conferences (India) : 31
- International conferences organized (Abroad) : 08
- National Conferences : 33
- Journals : 22
- National conference : 15
- International conference :03
INNOVATIVE TEACHING-LEARNING STRATEGIES INTRODUCED AS HEAD OF THE INSTITUTIONAND PRACTICED
Zeal towards teaching with key focus on student centric innovative approaches in Teaching-Learning processes, emphasizing values amidst the learners facilitated participative engagement in total experience spanning from 1996 to till date (20+ years). Humility in knowing the community serving has alleviated reaping Professional & Career enhancement among students and staff members.
Innovation in the area of content design, delivery
Structure of Course Plan incorporates
- Web Resources (OER, MOOC etc.)
- Application oriented group assignment work
- Teaching methodology (Case study presentation, Industrial visit based learning, Demonstration etc.), Content Beyond Syllabus
Course Enrichment initiatives
- Student Faculty Research Development Scheme – Component for Enrichment initiatives
Development of curricular, new courses and study materials
- My Credit Course (MCC) – Beyond curriculum skill oriented course for IV Year students
- Programme to Enrich Attitude & Knowledge (PEAK) - Integrated skill enhancement programme at entry level orienting student towards engineering programme.
- Learning materials like Question Bank, Lab Manual, e-material for all the courses
Conduct of laboratory
- Trial experiments by course in-charges before semester commencement & preparation of Lab Manual cum Observation notebook to aid students.
- Viva-Voce session for every experiment completion
- Lab Monitoring Committee to supervise execution as per procedure laid.
Demonstration of quality, innovative and engaging teaching methods including use of technologies
- ICT enables sessions – Computer Based Tutorial sessions, A-View classes, EDUSAT sessions, NPTEL sessions.
- Classroom delivery - Interactive Teaching Learning strategies like Role play, Mind Mapping, Analogy identification, Recitation, Quiz etc.
- Assignment Presentation Hour (APH) – enhancing technical & presentation skills of students.
Creation of effective assessment instruments and feedback processes
- Structured Stakeholder interaction procedure involving students, parents, staff, alumni, external peers, society assessing major parameters of academics
- Best Department Award triggering progression in staff & students, promoting sense of competitive growth is instituted
Demonstration of effective outcome-based instruction.
- Structured methodology enhancing attainment of Graduate Attributes & ILO among learners thro’ interactive Teaching-Learning process.
Incorporation of collaborative / project based learning and supervision of field / project work
- Project Work phase–I during VII semester
- Best Project Award promoting In-House society relevant projects
- Mini-Project, Major-Project Expo.
- Project Monitoring committee to monitor
Extent of Industry involvement in teaching and learning process.
- Faculty-Visit-To-Factory Scheme (FVFS) – encouraging all faculty to visit an industry / factory during vacation period
- In-House Training (IHT) mandated for III Year students
- In-Plant-Training for I, II year students