Due to covid 19 the date of
DMAT Will be announced later
LIBRARY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
- The Library Committee is responsible for advising, developing and monitoring policies on information storage and retrieval and other library issues within the Institute.
- The committee provides an opportunity to share in policy-making decisions and to make suggestions for improvements in service provision. The committee members are listed in Table.
Composition of Library committee
|1.||Sri. P. Neelaraj||Executive Members ||Secretary |
|2.|| Dr. S.Durairaj|| Principal |
|3.|| Dr. K.Velmurugan|| Vice-Principal |
|4.|| Prof. J. Premalatha ||Dean |
|5.|| Dr.N.Vijaianand|| Faculty Members ||Professor & Head, MBA |
|6.|| Prof.S.Suthagar || Professor & Head, MECH |
|7. || Dr. K. Karthikeyan || Professor, S & H |
|8.|| Mr.G.Murugesan|| Librarian |
|9.|| Ms.K.Sathya ||Student Representatives ||Student, III B.E.- EEE |
|10.|| Ms.P.Pinki|| Student, II MBA |
|11. || Ms.R. Hemapriya|| Student, II MCA |
Roles and Responsibilities
- Scrutinize policies proposed by the Library for their implications for teaching and research in the Faculty of Engineering, business administration, science and other disciplines of the Institute.
- After assessing the needs, necessary measures are taken to update the collection and the library is made user-oriented and user-friendly in its functioning.
- Feedback collected from the staff and students based on requirement of books and journals are analyzed by the library committee and necessary measures are taken immediately.
- To look into day to day problems of the Library clientele, Library staff send recommendations to the board for the desired decision.
- To maintain liaison between Central Library and various academic departments for the provision of networking of Departmental libraries with the Central Library.