The 4 year undergraduate program stresses on the fundamental concepts of mechanical engineering and stands as a cornerstone in the field of engineering. This field that emerged some years ago is a promising field of engineering, research and development. The department aims to provide solid foundation for understanding the changing roles of mechanical in the society and encourage students to apply their knowledge in solving a variety of problems through laboratory and project work. The program enables students to develop greater interdisciplinary expertise, which will better equip them for jobs demanding these skills in the workplace.
The department is equipped with 9mechanical labs which are designed with structured cabling in tune with the cyber age revolution to support the teaching activities. The center provides 24 hours internet connectivity through broadband at 2Mbps offered by Reliance Network.
- Motivate the entire faculty to adopt the latest techniques in teaching and learning process.
- Encourage the II & III year students to undergo Industrial Visit and In-Plant Training.
- Encourage the II, III & IV year students to present papers in students paper Presentation contests.
- Encourage Teaching and Technical Staff to pursue the higher education.
- Motivate and encourage each faculty to present / author a technical paper / book in a year.
- Plan for 100% placement and Higher education
To be recognized as a contributor of high quality education in the field of Mechanical Engineering that empowers graduates to meet the needs of society and to expertise intellectually skilful with the current competency and cutting edge adeptness.
- To educate, prepare and mentor the students to excel as professionals.
- To provide the facilities and environment conductive for high quality education to get diverse careers as well as research in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- To engage the students in academic as well as scholarly activities, which strengthen the department reputation in global market.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates will be capable of identifying, formulating, and solving computing problems by applying their knowledge of mathematics, computing and Engineering.
- Graduates of the program will be aware of the benefits of developing their understanding and professional capabilities through lifelong learning.
- To create employable and entrepreneurial engineers with academic excellence, positive attitude, communication & interpersonal skills, good character, self confidence and leadership qualities and who are useful to the Family, Society and Nation.
|Sl No||Graduate Attributes||Program Outcomes|
|1||ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE||PO 1: Ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering fundamentals in the solution of Engineering problems|
|2||ENGINEERING GRAPHICS||PO 2: On Completion of the course the student will be able to
perform free hand sketching of basic geometrical constructions and multiple views of objects.
do orthographic projection of lines and plane surfaces.
draw projections and solids and development of surfaces.
prepare isometric and perspective sections of simple solids.
demonstrate computer aided drafting.
|3||STRENGTH OF MATERIALS||PO 3:
Students will have through knowledge in analysis of indeterminate beams and use of energy method for estimating the slope and deflections of beams and trusses.
They will be in a position to assess the behaviour of columns, beams and failure of materials
|4||ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS||PO 4
Upon completion of this course, the students can able to apply the Thermodynamic Principles to Mechanical Engineering Application.
Apply mathematical fundamentals to study the properties of steam, gas and gas mixtures.
|5||MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY||PO 5:
Upon completion of this course, the students can able to apply the different manufacturing process and use this in industry for component production
|6||KINEMATICS OF MACHINERY||PO 6:
Upon completion of this course, the students can able to apply fundamentals of mechanism for the design of new mechanisms and analyse them for optimum design.
|7||ENGINEERING MATERIALS AND METALLURGY||PO 7:
Upon completion of this course, the students can able to apply the different materials, their processing, heat treatments in suitable application in mechanical engineering fields.
|8||THERMAL ENGINEERING||PO 8:
Upon completion of this course, the students can able to apply the different gas power cycles and use of them in IC and R&AC applications
|9||COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN||PO 9:
Upon completion of this course, the students can able to use computer and CAD software's for modeling of mechanical components
|10||HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER||PO 10:
Upon completion of this course, the students can able to understand and apply different heat and mass transfer principles of different applications.
|11||DESIGN OF MACHINE ELEMENTS||PO 11:
Upon completion of this course, the students can able to successfully design machine components
|12||DYNAMICS OF MACHINES||PO 12:
Upon completion of this course, the Students can able to predict the force analysis in mechanical system and related vibration issues and can able to solve the problem
|13||POWER PLANT ENGINEERING||PO 13:
Upon completion of this course, the students can able to understand different types of power plant, and its functions and their flow lines and issues related to them.
Analyse and solve energy and economic related issues in power sectors.
|S.No||Name of the Lab||Description of the Lab|
|1.||FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY LAB||The student is introduced to the mechanics of fluids through a thorough
understanding of the properties of the fluids. The dynamics of fluids is introduced
through the control volume approach which gives an integrated under standing of the
transport of mass, momentum and energy.
The applications of the conservation laws to flow though pipes and hydraulics
machines are studied
|2.||MANUFATURING TECHNOLOGY LAB I & II
||To gain hands on experience on working of general purpose machine tools and on
various manufacturing processes.
To give a practical hands on exposure to students in the various metal cutting operations
using commonly used machine tools
|3.||STRENGTH OF MATERIALS LAB
||To supplement the theoretical knowledge gained in Mechanics of Solids with practical
testing for determining the strength of materials under externally applied loads. This
would enable the student to have a clear understanding of the design for strength and
|4.||CAD/CAM LAB||To make the students understand and interpret drawings of machine components
so as to prepare assembly drawings either manually and using standard CAD
To familiarize the students with Indian Standards on drawing practices and
standard components. To be able to understand and handle design problems in a systematic manner.
To gain practical experience in handling 2D drafting and 3D modeling software
To be able to apply CAD in real life applications.
To understand the concepts G and M codes and manual part programming.
To expose students to modern control systems (Fanuc, Siemens etc)
To know the application of various CNC machines
To expose students to modern CNC application machines EDM, EDM wire cut and
|5||THERMAL ENGINEERING LAB I & II||To integrate the concepts, laws and methodologies from the first course in
thermo dynamics into analysis of cyclic processes
To apply the thermodynamic concepts into various thermal application like IC
engines, Steam Turbines, Compressors and Refrigeration and Air conditioning
|6||DYNAMICS LAB||To supplement the principles learnt in kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery.
To understand how certain measuring devices are used for dynamic testing
|7||METROLOGY & MEASUREMENTS LAB||To understand the basic principles of measurements
To learn the various linear and angular measuring equipments, their principle of
operation and applications
To learn about various methods of measuring Mechanical parameters
|8||MECHATRONICS LAB||To understand the interdisciplinary applications of Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical
and Computer Systems for the Control of Mechanical and Electronic Systems
|9||ENGINEERING PRACTICES LAB|| Be familiar with the use of Office software.
Be exposed to presentation and visualization tools.
Be exposed to problem solving techniques and flow charts.
Be familiar with programming in C.
Learn to use Arrays, strings, functions, structures and unions.
- Academic Year 2013-14
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Robotics and Automation
- B.Tech Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech Food Technology
- B.Tech Information Technology
- B.Tech Pharmaceutical Technology
- B.Tech Artificial Intelligence & Data Science
- B.Tech Biotechnology
- B.E Cyber Security
- B.E Agriculture Engineering
- Academic Year 2015-16
- Academic Year 2014-15
- Academic Year 2013-14
- M.E., CAD / CAM
- M.E., Computer Science & Engineering
- M.E., Communication Systems
- M.E., Embedded Systems & Technologies
- M.E., CSE(with Specialization in Networks)
- M.E., Power Electronics & Drives
- Anti-Ragging Committee
- Library Advisory Committee
- Research and Development Committee
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell
- Women Cell