LIBRARY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
- The Library Committee is responsible for advising, developing and monitoring policies on information storage and retrieval and other library issues within the Institute.
- The committee provides an opportunity to share in policy-making decisions and to make suggestions for improvements in service provision. The committee members are listed in Table.
Composition of Library committee
|1.|| Sri. P. Neelaraj|| Executive Members|| Secretary |
|2.|| Dr.K.Elangovan|| Principal |
|3.|| Dr.K.Anbarasan || Dean |
|4.|| Dr.M.Chellappan || Professor & head, MECH |
|5.|| Dr.R.Gopi|| Faculty Members|| Professor & Head, IT |
|6.|| Dr.D.Katheresan || Professor & Head, RAA |
|7.|| Dr. P.Senthil Kumar || Professor & Head, S&H |
|8.|| Mr.G.Murugesan || Librarian |
|9.|| Mr.M.Barath || Student Representatives|| Student, IV B.E.- BME |
|10. || Mr.Deepak Metha.E|| Student, II MBA |
|11.|| Ms.Aarthy|| Student, I MCA |
Roles and Responsibilities
- Scrutinize policies proposed by the Library for their implications for teaching and research in the Faculty of Engineering, business administration, science and other disciplines of the Institute.
- After assessing the needs, necessary measures are taken to update the collection and the library is made user-oriented and user-friendly in its functioning.
- Feedback collected from the staff and students based on requirement of books and journals are analyzed by the library committee and necessary measures are taken immediately.
- To look into day to day problems of the Library clientele, Library staff send recommendations to the board for the desired decision.
- To maintain liaison between Central Library and various academic departments for the provision of networking of Departmental libraries with the Central Library.